TouchDevelop - 2 December 2015 Stream 2 - 10:30
Provider: Powerhouse Museum
Date: 2 December 2015
Start Time: 10:30
Duration: 60 minutes
Closing Date: Bookings Close
Availability: DEC and Non-DEC
DEC Positions: 1
Non-DEC Positions: 1
Price: $110 (Discount for RAM Equity)
KLA Syllabus: Primary,Secondary
Key Learning Area/s:
Event Overview: This TouchDevelop workshop will see participants discover how to code through a visual programming language. This Video Conference will be run as a virtual computer lab, where our educator will facilitate a number of activities where learners will use TouchDevelop’s interactive environment for developing, testing and running programs, to write scripts by tapping on the screen of their mobile device, or by using individual PC’s.
Why learn to code?
- Coding develops logical problem-solving, creativity and critical thinking skills: 21st century skills employers value in any job sector.
- Student career opportunities within computer science, software development and engineering fields where job shortages currently exist.
- As the world depends on technology more and more, it’s important young people have a strong understanding of how technology works in order to reach their full potential.
- TouchDevelop is HTML 5 based so all you need is a web enabled device and an up-to-date web browser (No installation or plugins needed).
- Supported by a number of platforms (Windows, Android, iOS) and majority of web browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome)
Additional Booking Instructions:
Further Information: If you would like to request an alternate date and time, please contact email@example.com.