Safer Internet Day 2017 - Keep it sweet online - 07 February 2017 Stream 1 - 11:00
Presenter: Greg Gebhart
Date: 07 February 2017
Start Time: 11:00
End Time: 11:40am
Duration: 40 mins
Closing Date: Bookings Close 07-Feb-2017
Availability: DEC and Non-DEC
DEC Positions: 40
Non-DEC Positions: 15
Price: Free of charge
KLA Syllabus: Primary
Key Learning Area/s:
KLA Keyword/s: Cybersafety, Cyberbullying, Internet, Social Media, eSafety, Online safety, Gaming
Event Overview: Audience: Years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
The presentation will assist students to:
• understand their rights as a child for safety, respect and privacy
• recognise the difference between public and private spaces; friendly and unfriendly actions
• identify behaviours online from adults or older students which are inappropriate or unsafe
• be empowered to identify and seek help from people within their trusted adult network.
• Know where to find support when they are being cyberbullied or receiving unwanted contact.
With the help of classroom teachers, the presentation will feature polling and interactive questions.
Greg Gebhart is the Senior Trainer for the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner and one of Australia’s leading presenters. Greg has provided presentations to more than 500,000 participants at state, national and international events.
Additional Booking Instructions: The presentation will be a guided experience for classrooms with complementary resources aligned to the theme available from our page: https://www.esafety.gov.au/education-resources/outreach/virtual-classrooms
Other related resources are available from our website: www.esafety.gov.au
After the presentation, teachers are encouraged to complete a brief feedback survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/outreachvcsurvey
To allow classes to chat with Greg during the presentation, teachers are invited to access the TodaysMeet chat room: https://todaysmeet.com/NSWSID17
Further Information: Contact: email@example.com Rohan Smith 03 9963 6913